What is Acne / Acne Scars?
What are the causes of acne?
Some of the common causes of acne are:
- Hormonal imbalance
- Using oily skin care products
What are the symptoms of acne?
Some of the symptoms associated with acne are:
- Closed or clogged pores
- Pus-filled lumps (small red raised bumps containing white or yellow pus)
- Cystic lesions
- Crusting around skin bumps
- Redness around skin eruptions
What are the acne treatment options at Aafiyat?
At Aafiyat acne treatment clinic, we first evaluate the skin and root cause of the acne and then suggest one of these two treatments to our patients, based on the evaluation:
- Another method that we use at Aafiyat acne treatment clinic is medical grade peel. Medical Grade Peel or chemical peel it is commonly referred to as, works by reducing the appearance of acne scars and improving the appearance of the skin, face, and neck. It involves applying a chemical peel on the top layer of the skin which results in exfoliation and peels off. This results in smoother skin with improved texture.
- Another medical-grade peeling treatment used at Aafiyat acne treatment clinic is Hydrafacial. It involves using advanced, patented vortex technology which deeply cleanses the skin and hydrates it with essential botanical ingredients, salicylic acid, and glycolic acid. By removing the outer layer of the skin, it helps in fading away the scar. Aside from evening out skin tone, reducing dark spots, and minimizing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, Hydrafacial also helps the skin fight damage by free radicals by providing necessary antioxidants which prevent the skin from the impact of pollution, stress, or sun damage.
- Sublative: Candela is another acne treatment offered at Aaifyat acne care clinic. Here we make use of a device that emits fractioned bi-polar radio frequency directly onto the skin in the form of a matrix. The healthy skin around the matrix dots stimulates the healing process. This treatment results in boosting collagen and elastin which gives smoother and soft skin, reduce ace scars, and fills in wrinkles and fine lines.
Who is a good candidate for an acne treatment clinic near Mississauga?
What are the side effects of acne treatment?
- There are certain common side effects associated with acne treatment such as chemical peel which could be redness, swelling, or dryness. But they normally subside within a few days once the treatment starts to settle in.
- If you undergo hydrafacial, then the only side effect associated with it is redness which is mild and goes away on its own within a few days.
- After Vampire facial you might experience mild tingling, redness, or itching but this should go away after a few days.
What are some aftercare tips for acne treatment?
The dermatologists at the acne treatment clinic will provide you with a list of instructions along with medications to maximize the impact of the result. These are some aftercare tips that you should follow after acne treatment:
- Make sure that the treated area is clean and moisturized.
- Wash your face twice a day with mild cleansers that do not contain acid or exfoliating agents.
- Avoid going out in the sun, and if you have to make sure that you apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or above.
- Refrain from applying makeup for at least 24 hours after the treatment as this may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Avoid touching your face too much or picking on the acnes.
What is the price of acne treatment?
The price of acne treatment in an acne care clinic depends upon the following factor:
- Skin condition
- Experience of the dermatologist
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long does it take for the acne scar treatment to work?
Acne scar treatment can take anywhere from 4 weeks to six months to show noticeable results.
Can acne scars be completely removed?
Yes, surface acne scars can be completely removed while in the case of deeper acne scars, treatment can reduce their appearance.
How many acne scar treatment sessions are required for acne scar removal?
For an acne scar treatment to show visible results, you need a setting of 4-6 treatment sessions.
Can laser help get rid of acne scars for good?
Lakers and other light treatments with a combination of oral and/or topical medications can help get rid of acne scars in long term.
How long do acne scars usually take to fade?
Acne scars can take up to three to six months to fade completely.
Interested in treatment for any of your Acne and scars concern, contact Aafiyat Advanced Aesthetics (AAA) to see if you are eligible candidate to explore suitable reatment options for your skin. At AAA each patient receives personalized care, attention by providing tailor made solution that meets their personal expectation to get the best results!