If you are looking for a way to improve your feminine health and wellness, you may have heard of a treatment called Votiva. Votiva vaginal rejuvenation is a nonsurgical treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to stimulate the natural healing and regeneration of the vaginal tissue. Votiva can help address a variety of issues that affect many women, such as vaginal laxity, dryness, atrophy, reduced sensation, painful sex, and urinary incontinence. In this blog, we will explain what Votiva is, how it works, what Votiva costs, and what are the potential side effects.
What is Votiva?
Votiva is a device that has two handheld applicators: FormaV and FractoraV. FormaV is used to deliver gentle and controlled heat to the internal vaginal canal and the external vulva. This heat stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which are the key components of the vaginal tissue’s structure and elasticity. FormaV can also help tighten the pelvic floor muscles, improving bladder control and sexual function. FractoraV is used to deliver fractional radiofrequency energy to the external labia majora and minora. This energy creates micro-injuries in the skin, which trigger the healing response and new cell growth. FractoraV can help improve the appearance, texture, and tone of the labia.
How does Votiva work?
Votiva works by using radiofrequency energy to heat up the vaginal tissue to a specific temperature range that is optimal for collagen and elastin synthesis. The heat also increases blood flow and oxygen delivery to the tissue, which enhances its health and function. The radiofrequency energy also creates tiny channels in the skin, which allow topical products to penetrate deeper and deliver more benefits. Votiva treatments are customized to each patient’s needs and goals and can target different areas of the vagina and vulva. The treatments are performed in an office setting, with no anesthesia or downtime required. The treatments are typically painless or mildly uncomfortable, and last for about 15 to 30 minutes each. The claim that this is a safe process is certified by the FDA approval of it as well.
What is the cost of Votiva?
The cost of Votiva vaginal rejuvenation varies depending on the number of sessions needed, the areas treated, and the provider’s fees. Votiva cost usually includes a package of three treatment sessions, spaced one month apart. Some providers may offer discounts for buying multiple sessions upfront or for combining Votiva with other procedures. Votiva is not covered by insurance, as it is considered an elective procedure.
What are the side effects of Votiva?
Votiva is considered a safe treatment, with minimal reported risks and side effects. However, some possible side effects that may occur after Votiva treatments include:
- Mild redness, swelling, tenderness, or bruising in the treated area
- Vaginal discharge, spotting, or cramping
- Temporary numbness or tingling sensation
- Mild itching or burning sensation
- Increased sensitivity or discomfort during sexual intercourse
These side effects are usually mild and resolve within a few days or weeks. To minimize the risk of complications and infections, patients are advised to follow the aftercare instructions provided by their provider. These may include:
- Avoiding sexual intercourse for three days after each treatment
- Avoiding tampons or douching for one week after each treatment
- Wearing loose-fitting cotton underwear and clothing
- Applying ice packs or cold compresses to reduce swelling or discomfort
- Applying topical creams or gels as prescribed by the provider
- Keeping the treated area clean and dry
- Drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated
Patients should also report any signs of infection or severe pain to their provider immediately.
Is Votiva right for you?
Votiva is a nonsurgical option for women who want to improve their feminine health and wellness without undergoing invasive surgery or hormone therapy and yet have the best vaginal tightening procedure. Votiva can help women who experience symptoms such as:
- Vaginal laxity or looseness due to childbirth, aging, or menopause
- Vaginal atrophy or thinning due to hormonal changes or medications
- Vaginal dryness or lack of lubrication due to menopause or other factors
- Reduced sexual sensation or pleasure due to vaginal laxity or dryness
- Painful sex or dyspareunia due to vaginal atrophy or dryness
- Urinary incontinence or leakage due to weak pelvic floor muscles
Votiva can also help women who want to enhance the appearance and confidence of their intimate area by improving the shape, size, color, and texture of their labia. Votiva can help women feel more comfortable and satisfied with their sexual health and function.
If you are interested in Votiva, you should consult with a qualified and experienced provider who can assess your condition and recommend the best treatment plan for you. You should also discuss the benefits, risks, costs, and expectations of Votiva with your provider before deciding to undergo the treatment. Votiva is not suitable for everyone, and some contraindications include:
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Active infection or inflammation in the vaginal area
- History of pelvic organ prolapse or mesh implant
- History of cervical or ovarian cancer
- History of abnormal Pap smear or HPV infection
- History of bleeding disorders or blood thinners
- History of keloid or hypertrophic scars
- History of sensitivity or allergy to radiofrequency energy
Votiva offers a promising avenue for women seeking to undergo vaginal tightening procedures to enhance their feminine health and well-being. Through its innovative use of radiofrequency energy, it addresses a range of concerns from vaginal laxity to urinary incontinence, offering potential benefits in both appearance and function. With its minimal risks and proven effectiveness, it stands as a non-invasive solution that can empower women to reclaim their confidence and sexual wellness. If you’re considering Votiva, consult with one of our qualified professionals at Aafiyat Advanced Aesthetics. Book an appointment with us right away!