What are dermal fillers?
How do dermal fillers work?
What are the benefits of dermal fillers?
If you are looking for Dermal fillers near Mississauga, Aafiyat can help you. We offer a versatile procedure with the following benefits:
If you are looking for some cosmetic procedure that shows immediately noticeable results, then we suggest getting dermal fillers. the process only takes about an hour and you can see visible results within a week. The dermal fillers take up to two weeks to showcase their benefits and with proper maintenance can last longer.
Boost collagen and elastin production:
Dermal fillers with hyaluronic acid stimulate the growth of collagen and elastin thus making the skin look smooth and supple. If you are going for dermal fillers, you can request your dermatologist to opt for one with a hyaluronic acid-based component.
Pair it with Other Treatments:
The best part about dermal fillers is the fact that it goes well with other procedures. Take for instance, if you have deeper and more prominent fine lines you can pair the dermal fillers treatment with Botox and Xeomin.
What is the recovery period after getting dermal fillers?
The recovery period after getting dermal fillers generally depends upon the type of dermal fillers that has been used and it varies from patient to patient. If your own fat has been injected as a dermal filler, the healing might take some time. While dermal fillers have generally minimal downtime, and patients can resume their normal activities right after the treatment, we advise not undertaking any strenuous activity to minimize the possibility of bruising and swelling.
After the treatment, you might notice the following changes in your face:
- Temporary redness
- Lump area at the site of injection
These conditions should subside 24-48 hours after the treatment with topical icing and if it does not we suggest getting in touch with your surgeon immediately.
What is the side effect of dermal fillers?
Who makes a good candidate for dermal fillers?
- A non-smoker as smoking causes squinting which makes the procedure less impactful
- Have a healthy body
- Have moderate to severe wrinkles or any skin problem that you do not wish to correct with surgery
How much do dermal fillers cost?
The dermal fillers cost varies on the basis of the following factors:
- How experienced the board-certified dermatologist is?
- Type of fillers being used
- Amount of dermal fillers being used
What are some aftercare tips after getting dermal fillers?
After getting dermal filler near Mississauga in Aafiyat, we will provide you with a list of instructions and a routine to follow which will include:
- Avoid taking blood thinning medications like aspirin or Ibuprofen for the next 24- 48 hours after the treatment as it may cause swelling and bruising.
- Keep yourself hydrated after the procedure to speed up the natural healing process.
- If you notice swelling, bruising or any minor discomfort you can use a cold compress to minimize it.
- Try to avoid doing any strenuous exercise 24- 48 hours after the treatment as it may increase the blood flow and cause excessive bruising and swelling. We would also recommend avoiding swimming as it increases the chances of swelling and infection.
- Do not go out in direct sunlight or expose yourself to UV rays, tanning beds, sauna, and hot wax.
- Try to not touch, press, massage, or rub the treated area as this may increase the chances of infection and swelling.
- Since fillers take time in settling down and showing their result we would advise against going under any facial treatment for at least the next 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid skin care products containing alpha and beta-hydroxy acid, retinoids, or vitamin C as it may aggravate the affected area and cause infection.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long do Dermal Fillers last?
Dermal fillers can last up to 6-12 months, but depending on which type of acid is used like hyaluronic acid, some dermal fillers can last up to 2- 5 years.
Is dermal filler better than Botox?
Both dermal fillers and Botox are good for different skin conditions. In the case of non-muscular wrinkles, dermal fillers would be more helpful in achieving good results. But if there are crowfeet and fine lines, Botox would be more helpful.
Can dermal fillers damage your skin?
Excessive use of any technique can be dangerous. The same is the case with too many dermal fillers. It can cause long-term damage including wrinkling of the lip or disturbance in the facial fat pad attachment.
What happens if I stop getting dermal fillers?
While the effect of fillers lasts for years, the treated area returns to its original state, and there is a loss of volume.
What is the right age to get dermal fillers?
If you want to delay the signs of aging, we would suggest getting dermal fillers done in the mid-20s. After 25, the collagen production in the body tends to slow down, which means that is the right time to get injections.
Our team of expert injectors at Aafiyat Advanced Aesthetics would love to meet you and discuss your goals. Schedule a complimentary consultation today or call us at 2898252332.