What personal information do we collect Aafiyat Advanced Aesthetics?
We collect the following personal information:
- Name and contact information for patients and emergency contacts including address, email address and telephone number.
- Date of birth and other demographic information.
- Health information including symptoms, diagnosis, medical history, treatments performed, products used or sold, record of allergies and prescriptions.
- Photographs taken for the purposes of patient care.
We may collect other information that you choose to provide to us or that we collect with your consent.
For what purposes do we use personal information Aafiyat Advanced Aesthetics?
We use personal information:
- To provide treatment and care to our patients and ensure continuity of care.
- For administrative purposes such as creating and maintaining medical and business records, billing, scheduling appointments, quality assurance and risk management.
- To communicate with patients and respond to patient inquiries and requests.
- To contact a patient’s emergency contact in emergency situations.
- To meet our legal, regulatory and professional obligations.
- To send targeted communications for the purposes of marketing.
We may use personal information for other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law at Aafiyat Advanced Aesthetics.
When and to whom do we disclose personal information at Aafiyat Advanced Aesthetics?
Disclosure for health care: Relevant health information may be shared with other professionals involved in your care, including other physicians and specialists, pharmacists, lab technicians, nutritionists, physiotherapists for virtue of seeking care from us, your consent for your information to be used by the Clinic to provide you with care, and to share your information with other providers involved in your care, is implied.
Service providers: We may transfer (or otherwise make available) personal information service providers (including affiliates acting in this capacity) who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to store and process patient records, provide back-up, process payments, or provide data analytics and marketing services. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes.
Business transactions: In the event that the Clinic is sold, we may transfer your personal information to the purchaser. If we do so we will ensure that your medical records are transferred in accordance with legal, regulatory and professional obligations.
Disclosures authorized or required by law: There are limited situations where we are legally required or authorized to disclose your personal information without your consent. These situations include billing provincial health plans, reporting infectious diseases and fitness to drive, or by court order.
Disclosures with consent: We may disclose your personal information in other circumstances with your consent. For example, you may request that we share information with your insurer for insurance reimbursement purposes.
You can withdraw your consent to have your information shared with other health care providers or other parties at any time, except where the disclosure is required by law. To withdraw your consent, please contact your physician who will inform you of any consequences of withdrawing your consent.
What if you feel your record is not accurate at Aafiyat Advanced Aesthetics?
We make every effort to ensure that all of your information is recorded accurately. If an inaccuracy is identified, you can request that it be corrected. If we do not agree that the information is inaccurate, we will nevertheless make a note of your position in your file.
How secure is your information at Aafiyat Advanced Aesthetics?
Safeguards are in place to protect the security of your information. These safeguards include a combination of physical, technological and administrative security measures that are aimed at protecting personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Please note, however, that while we believe our security measures are appropriate, no security measures can guarantee absolute security of information.
How long do we keep information at Aafiyat Advanced Aesthetics?
How can you contact us?
Please contact your physician or any AAA staff if you would like to:
- Request access to or correction of your personal information
- Opt-out of receiving tailored marketing communications (you may also opt-out use the unsubscribe feature provided in these messages, where applicable)
- Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information
By phone: 2898252332
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aafiyat Advanced Aesthetics 3465 Platinum Drive unit 80, Mississauga, Ontario