What is Skin Laxity / Texture / Volume?
Skin laxity is an age-related skin condition where our youthful appearance fades and sagging loose skin makes its grand appearance along with fine lines and wrinkles. Naturally as part of the aging process our body’s production of collagen and elastin diminishes. Skin laxity appears most frequently around the cheeks and the jawline. It can also occur around the body, especially in patients who have lost a significant amount of weight over time. When it comes to decreased facial skin laxity, even the best skin care products, skin regimens, and sunscreen often don’t cut it. Fortunately, our specialist at Aafiyat clinic can help you with that.
Symptoms and Complications
- Loss of volume in the cheeks and around the eyes
- Cheeks that seem to drop
- A heavier fold in the nasolabial region
- A jawline that is less firm or even than it once was
Dermal fillers, also known as injectable implants are medical device implants approved by the FDA for use in helping to create a smoother and/or fuller appearance in the face, including nasolabial folds (the lines extending from the sides of the nose to the edges of the mouth), cheeks, chin, lips, and back of the hands. Dermal fillers can fade fine lines on your face or hands and lessen other signs of aging. They’re soft, gel-like substances that a medical professional injects under your skin. Different types of dermal fillers are designed to treat varying signs of aging. Depending on the filler selected, they may:
- Plump up thinning lips
- Enhance or fill in shallow areas on the face
- Decrease or remove the shadow or wrinkle under the eyes caused by the lower eyelid
- Fill in or soften the look of recessed scars
- Fill in or soften static wrinkles, especially on the lower face